Lackawanna County has entered the Green Phase of PA's reopening plan. We recommend that you call ahead to your destination before traveling to ensure nothing has changed. Mask-wearing is required in Pennsylvania.
Love the great outdoors? The Merli-Sarnoski Park offers 840-acres of untouched natural beauty as well as lake swimming, play areas, fishing and sports facilities, and miles of mountain biking and hiking trails.
• Free swimming at our 35-acre lake, regularly stocked by the PA Fish & Boat Commission
• Beautiful sandy beach area with bath houses
• Boat launch (electrical motors only)
• Large handicapped accessible fishing pier
• Two playground areas with basketball and volleyball courts
• Regulation soccer field
• Eight-mile cross country mountain bike trail
• Approximately 15 miles of hiking and nature trails
• Two pavilions
• Picnic areas with tables and charcoal grills
• Overnight camping for non-profit organizations with parks department approval
Directions: From the Casey Highway (U.S. Route 6), take Exit 5, Route 107. Take Rt. 107 for approx. 4 miles. Make right on Sandy Banks Rd. Look for park entrance after
Park is open from 8:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m. every day from the first day of trout season in April through October, and from 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. the rest of the year. During the winter months, the park is subject to closing on county holidays. The park is closed on Christmas Day and Easter Sunday.