- December 6, 2022 - May 2, 2023
- 420 N. Washington Avenue, Scranton, PA 18503
- (570) 344-1111
Underground Microphone is BACK live and IN PERSON! One Tuesday a month (typically the first one of the month, but there may be an exception or two!), the Scranton Cultural Center will be putting the spotlight on one performer or group for a one-hour show featuring exceptional entertainment in a classic atmosphere!
Doors open at 6:30 PM and the event will start at 7:00 PM! There is no cover charge for this event. There will be a cash bar for those 21+ with a valid ID.
Underground Microphone prides itself on a listening room experience, and the Scranton Cultural Center thinks this new format takes that to the next level. Located on the Lower Level, the Raymond Hood Room is transformed into a listening room café where artists and their work are respected and supported. This very special space is named after the architect who designed the Scranton Cultural Center in the 1920s. Hood is widely known for his Art Deco and Neo Gothic design style which is evident throughout the entire building. Nationally recognized works include 30 Rockefeller Plaza, American Radiator Building, Daily News, The Emporis, Tribune Tower, and The Ocean Forest Hotel in Myrtle Beach among others.
- Presented By: Scranton Cultural Center at the Masonic Temple
- Dates: December 6, 2022 - May 2, 2023
- Recurrence: Recurring monthly on the 1st Tuesday
- Location: Scranton Cultural Center at the Masonic Temple
- Address: 420 N. Washington Avenue, Scranton, PA 18503
- Phone: (570) 344-1111
- Time: 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM
- Price: Free Admission