On Saturday, December 1, Santa Claus will leave his sleigh at the North Pole and come to town early on a train! Six local communities will celebrate Christmas in a Small Town when Santa and his friends arrive aboard a special train provided by Steamtown National Historic Site.
Families are encouraged to assemble at the train station in each community to welcome Santa as the train pulls into town. At each stop, Santa and his friends will greet all of the children, hearing their lists for special Christmas wishes. After visiting with Santa, families can enjoy refreshments, live entertainment, and special activities.
The Santa Train and its crew will be available for photo opportunities at each station. All activities are free. Train rides for the public are not available at this event. ONLY Santa Claus and his pals ride the train to the next stop.
The Santa Train will arrive at local train stations at the following times:
• 10:30 AM - Carbondale Train Station, River Street, Carbondale
• 11:35 AM - Archbald Train Station, Pike Street, Archbald
• 12:20 PM - Jessup Train Station, Church Street, Jessup
• 1:00 PM - Queen City Train Station, Lackawanna Avenue, Olyphant
• 1:45 PM - Dickson City Train Station, Boulevard Avenue, Dickson City
• 3:00 PM - Steamtown National Historic Site, Scranton
For more information on the Santa Train, visit www.lhva.org, or call 570.963.6730, ext. 8200.