Lackawanna County is Open
Lackawanna County is a vibrant and beautiful destination and we take great pride in spreading that message far and wide. During the current health crisis, we are temporarily having to adjust to what it means to experience Lackawanna County, PA.
Many businesses and places of interest in Lackawanna County have offered adjusted services and operating procedures through various stages of the plan over the past weeks in accordance with guidelines set forth by the CDC, public health authorities, and Governor of Pennsylvania.
LACKAWANNA COUNTY CORONAVIRUS RESOURCE INFORMATION DIRECTORY:
Click here to review a variety of important/up-to-date medical and self-care data.
Effective July 1, 2020
Effective July 1, 2020, and pursuant to Governor Tom Wolf's Universal Face Coverings Order, all individuals age 2 and over are mandated to wear a face-covering over their nose and mouth in all public spaces.
Individuals who cannot wear a face mask due to a medical condition or who have trouble breathing will not be required to do so. These individuals will not be required to show documentation for this exception.
See the complete Pennsylvania Universal Face Coverings Order for requirements and exceptions.
Effective June 26, 2020
In accordance with the plan set forth by PA's Governor Tom Wolf, Lackawanna County entered the Green Phase of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania's Phased Reopening Plan in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Learn more about the Green Phase Guidelines and what it means for Lackawanna County.
In the Green Phase, it is still important to follow health & safety protocols recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention(CDC) and other public health authorities to prevent the spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19).
Please note the following requirements beginning June 26, 2020:
- TRAVEL: 14-day quarantine is required upon entering PA if you've traveled through/to certain states. We urge visitors to follow the CDC's travel guidance.
- HOTELS: Many lodging properties are OPEN. Please contact properties individually to learn more.
- Indoor Gatherings of fewer than 25 people are allowed.
- Outdoor gatherings of 250 people or fewer are allowed.
- DINING & BARS: Lackawanna Country restaurants are now able to offer indoor dining as well as have designated outdoor dining. See the full list of restaurants offering outdoor dining here.
- Self-Certified Restaurants Open at 50% Indoor Occupancy. (effective 9/30/2020)
- Open for sit-down meals. No bar service. (effective 7/16/2020)
- On-premise alcohol consumption must be accompanied by a meal.
- Cocktails-to-go and carryout beverages are allowed.
- Reservations are encouraged.
- Customers should wait for services maintaining a social distance of 6-ft with the use of recommended face coverings.
- Customers required to wear masks while entering, exiting, or otherwise traveling throughout the restaurant. May remove masks while seated.
- Many Lackawanna Country restaurants will have designated outdoor dining areas to serve guest food and drink.
- Restuarant guidelines can be found here.
- RETAIL: In-person retail allowable. Shopping Malls are open at 50% capacity.
- OUTDOORS: Activities permitted in groups of 250 or fewer with social distancing.
- WATERPARKS & RECREATIONAL SWIMMING: Opened June 26 with enhanced health and safety measures keeping with CDC Guidelines and State issued protocol
- COUNTY PARKS: reopened May 1 with restrictions.
- GOLF: reopened May 1 with restrictions.
- PRIVATELY-OWNED CAMPGROUNDS: reopened May 1 with restrictions.
- LIVE MUSIC: Enjoy Live Music outdoors on patios during Green Phase.
- BOATING & FISHING: Trout Season opened April 7. Guided fishing trips opened May 1.
- PERSONAL CARE SERVICES (including hair salons and barbershops): Open at 50% Occupancy with appointments required.
- INDOOR RECREATION (including bowling, arcades, indoor sports, and similar facilities): Open at 50% Occupancy
- ALL ENTERTAINMENT (such as casinos, theaters, historical sites, museums, and other group venues): Open at 50% Occupancy
- HEALTH & WELLNESS FACILITIES (such as gyms, spas, massage therapy): Open at 50% Occupancy with appointments strongly encouraged.